Tuesday, February 17, 2015

What is Reborn Mommy or Daddy? I "Reborn Baby 101", Pt. 2:


"Reborn Mommy" is a term given to women who collect reborn baby dolls. To not forget about the men who are reborn baby doll collectors, there are also "reborn daddies".

Reborn mommy or reborn daddy is a nickname given to fans of reborn baby dolls. So similar to the way that Justin Bebier has his Beliebers, Beyonce has her Beyhive, and Star Trek has Trekkies....reborn baby dolls have reborn mommies/reborn daddies.

A reborn mommy can be any age. I've made babies for a customer who was 2 years old. Some people may admire reborn baby dolls and never purchase one, but once they buckle down and adopt their first reborn, they are officially a reborn mommy.

Being a reborn mommy/daddy also means that you are part of a community. There is a rather large community of reborn mommies online. YouTube, Facebook, & Instagram are booming with new and old reborn mommies/daddies, eager to post pictures of their cute little reborn babies. It is also a way for collectors to connect, talk, and support each other by commenting on each other's videos, pictures, and also trade or sell their reborn baby dolls and their many accessories.

What do you think about the term reborn mommy/daddy? Do you consider yourself to be one? Or do you prefer to be called a doll collector?



5 comments:

  1. i cant wait to adopt my first. I will be a reborn mommie one day then God willing a birth mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's awesome. Being a reborn mom is a great start!

      Delete
  2. I want to adopt one of your babies in 3weeks but I want it to be a girl with lots of hair that laugh cry and drink and pee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your reborn babies. I hope to win Serenity and be her reborn mommy.
    Thank you for the chance to love this sweet reborn baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think being called both a reborn mommy or daddy and doll collector both titles fit just perfectly.
    My reborn when I get her I will be referring to her as my little reborn doll and my reborn daughter.
    So I'm excited to be getting her soon.
    I've watched so many videos on unboxing first reborns my first reborn doll and how to properly care for a reborn and a silicone doll. So I'm excited to be starting this journey.

    ReplyDelete